Are you heading to work, school, the beach, or vacation? It is important to remember summer can be a dangerous time for drivers. Your auto insurance follows your vehicle wherever you go, with a few exceptions, like Mexico.
Here are a few auto safety tips
- If you have teen drivers, make sure they have taken driver safety training.
- Never use your phone while driving.
- When on a long drive, take frequent breaks.
- Roads become very slippery in the first few minutes of rainfall because the rain mixes with the oil and dirt on the road. It takes about 30 minutes of steady rain to wash the oil and dirt off the road.
- If your car is due for a tune-up, oil change, battery check, or tire rotation, now is the time to get it done.
- Use seatbelts—every trip, all the time.
- Traffic laws vary by state so it is important to follow traffic signs.
- Pack extra water and supplies in case of an emergency.
- Drive at a safe speed. Speeding increases the likelihood and severity of a crash.